An information course on dealing with the loss of a loved one.
Pain is inevitable. But misery is optional.
Your loved one has passed on – this is a devastating loss.
How do I deal with this? How will I live a day-to-day life with this loss?
Life as you knew it will never be the same.
Are you still struggling after the loss? Even after a few years?
How do we do this? How do we live life and not just exist in this world?
One never gets over a loss of a loved one, but one has to continue in this life.
This course includes a FREE Introduction Session on what this course has to offer and how it will help you in dealing with your loss. The course then consists of five one and a half hour (90 minutes) sessions and includes addressing the following:
- Talking about grief
- The stages of grieving
- The impact of the loss
- Anger, bargaining, resignation, sadness and depression
- Reconstruction and integration
- Returning to a meaningful life
- Tips for survival – basic health issues
- How to bring balance in your life
- Reactions of those around us
- Financial issues
- Practical tips
- How to deal and cope with our emotions
- Dealing with children and death
- Asking for help
- Planning around special days and birthdays
- Memory box
- Humour in sadness
- Discussing the subject of death
- How to deal with happy moments
- Participation in a meaningful life again
- The meaning of the loss
- The risk of loss
- In conclusion
Feedback From Clients
To be able to share my grief with someone who really understands this journey and talks from personal experience, this is what makes the big difference. I also don’t feel so alone in this situation. The fact that she went through it, inspired me to deal with it as well. -Kim
Speaking to Anouka gave me a safe space to talk to someone about the loss and my feelings around it. -Mariska
Understanding the grieving process gave me a much better perspective. I now feel fully understood, normal and OK. -James
To feel there is hope in life again. -Linda